For The Love of Nettle
For The Love of Nettle
It's understandable that one may not be very fond of nettle, as it's prone to pricking us every now and again. But, did you know that this herb has a huge amount of medicinal properties?
One of my favourite herbs is nettle. It grows in various parts of Belgium and thus, I find myself walking past them every week whilst in the beautiful Sonian Forest. And when this herb is found in abundance, it means that the inhabitants of that region can benefit immensely. Why? Because this herb offers a wide variety of healing properties...and it's also very tasty! In fact, a lot of gourmet restaurants use this herb as a delicacy in the kitchen - even my neighbour enjoys making nettle soup on a regular basis!
Go4Balance and Nettle
But in addition to the kitchen, this herb has proved to be very successful in Go4Balances' herbal remedies, such as the Empower, Enjoy 45+, Enjoy 45+ Mild, and Clear Skin Detox herbal drops, and here's why:
- It has a detoxifying and cleansing effect, which makes it an effective helper in removing toxins and waste products.
- During one's menstruation, our bodies benefit from a cleansing effect via herbs and plants - which makes this herb a perfect addition during a female's menstruation.
- Nettle also promotes the absorption of calcium, which supports the build up of bones, and helps prevent osteoporosis.
And did you know....
- Nettle is a powerful remedy for urinary tract infections, bladder conditions, and works in preventing kidney stones? If you find yourself with any of the above health concerns, nettle tea or nettle extract may prove to be a helpful addition. Also, the Empower herbal drops is a faithful healer for these kinds of health conditions - as it not only contains nettle, but also birch and milk thistle.
- Nettle is a great source of iron, and therefore is a great tonic for women who suffer from heavy menstrual periods. And due to the high content of iron, nettle is equally as beneficial for those with anaemia.
- Nettle is a very effective in the treatment of skin conditions, such as acne, and eczema, and thus can be found in Go4Balances' Clear Skin Detox herbal drops.
- Nettle has a high content of vitamin C. In fact, one can find more of this vitamin in nettle as opposed to a citrus fruit.
- Nettle is a great aid in arthritis, and muscle pain, due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Nettle contains beta sitosterol, which helps to lower one's cholesterol levels in a natural way. This, in turn, helps keep one's heart and blood vessels healthy.
- Nettle is also a great solution for several kinds of digestive discomfort, such as nausea, colitis, and gas.
Perhaps now you'll look at this fantastic herb in a more positive light!
I wish you many health benefits with the use of nettle!