Healing Herbs You Can Grow at Home
The fresher your meal, the greater your health. Foods that come in cans or have no expiry date are basically processed and have little value in terms of nutrients. Fresh and wholesome meals are always better for weight control, energy, health and disease prevention, such as diabetes and heart disease affecting millions of individuals and are responsible for a high mortality rate that can be prevented worldwide.
Herbs are among the best sources of vital nutrition because they provide many health benefits and add a little calorie flavor to various foods. Healing herbs have been used for years to relieve discomfort and treat patients. Herbs such as mint, castor oil, and garlic has a long history of use as medicines.
Health benefits of healing herbs.
• It prevents cancer and strengthens heart health: Including a little quantity of herbs like parsley in our daily diet can protect your body from cardiovascular problems such as atherosclerosis, stroke and heart attack. This plant helps to purify the blood and prevent cancer and tumor cell growth because it is highly concentrated in apigenin. Also, parsley is very healthy for the heart since it generates necessary vitamin B folic acid. This acid can help reduce homocysteine, which is naturally in the body and can damage the blood vessels to high levels.
• Strengthens the immune system: Herbs rich in phytosterols, antioxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients helps the body fight against microbes, toxins, and most importantly boost the immune system.
• Skin Care: For years, herbs have shown significant benefits in terms of natural skin care. From many plants in the world, certain herbs such as holy basil, neem, aloe vera, and turmeric provide shiny and healthy skin. If you add the powdered holy basil, mint leaves, neem, and very little turmeric powder and apply it on your face, dark spots on the face will eventually fade. In addition, aloe vera is widely used in the production of skin products, as this plant gives the skin a smooth, youthful feeling.
• Helps to regulate bowel movement: IBS, called Irritable Bowel Syndrome, affects a high percentage of women than men. When it comes to an irregular bowel movement, taking herbs such as peppermint is a great thing to do. This is because peppermint helps in curing IBS by stimulating an anti-pain channel in the colon. It also lessens pain-sensitive fibers, especially those that are initiated by mustard and chilli. However, if you have a small space at home or even a balcony or a sunny window that can accept containers, you can grow herbs that are a great addition to healthy eating and contribute to your overall health.
Healing herbs you can grow on your balcony.
1. Garlic: Garlic, a family of lily, will grow and make new bulbs with strong shoots and tender flowers. It is one of the easiest plants to grow because it has little needs that can be easily attended to (sufficient moisture, decent soil, and of course, planting and harvest at the right time). Garlic contains high levels of trace elements such as calcium, iron, manganese and selenium, and many therapeutic advantages to health. It is known to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol but is best known as a natural antibiotic. Although you can take garlic as a supplement, adding it to your diet as whole foods can have the most important health benefits.
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the best for constipation, skin irritation, and insomnia due to its powerful air purification properties. The best thing about this plant is that it can be planted in a container or pot at any time of year. Aloe vera planting is simple and will grow well if it is exposed to sunlight or in very shady places. It contains chromium, a trace mineral responsible for immune functions and blood sugar balance, and also selenium which contributes to immune defenses, such as cell growth and death regulation.
3. Lavender: Due to the lack of nutrient-rich soil, making it more difficult to find trace minerals in the foods we eat, this precious herb Lavender is rich in a high number of trace minerals. Lavender is very easy to grow in most regions. It does not require a lot of water, it loves a well-drained soil and the sun. It is worth cultivating this plant not only because of the delicious smell of its small flowers but also for alleviating headaches and depression. Lavender is an active ingredient of the Enjoy herbal drops which helps you fight against depression.
The essential oil gotten from these flowers occupies an essential place in aromatherapy. However, it can get rid of acne and speed up the healing process.
4. Chamomile: Chamomile flowers have the potential to treat muscle cramps naturally. This plant is a type of plant known for its large amount of trace minerals, minerals, and some vitamins. When the chamomile materials are infused into warm water, they naturally provide a nutrient-like liquid that is easily digested and assimilated. They are very easy to grow and need less care. They can be grown in indoor areas and require about 4 hours of sun per day. For good growth, the soil must be moist and as well have good drainage. .Chamomile is an active ingredient of the Flora Protect herbal drops to support a good digestion.
5. Stevia: Stevia is a natural sweetener that has a good taste like sugar but no extra calories. It can help you maintain a healthy body weight and enjoy all the sumptuous meals you love so much that you do not have to worry about weights. The dry extract of its leaves contains free sugars, alkaloids, flavonoids, chlorophylls, xanthophylls, oligosaccharides, trace minerals, amino acids, and lipids. Although some people believe that stevia is not easy to grow, it is perfect to grow at home. This herb is best grown in a cooler summer climate with strong sunlight, but most often at low temperatures. Like basil and oregano, stevias grow well in containers or pots with a maximum of two plants per pot.
Healing herbs is a great way to increase the quality of your life, and these are just some of the popular herbs that you can start at home. Some of the plants will grow for many years without being transplanted or having to plant them again, while other plants need to be planted again after harvest. The best part of growing your herbs is that you get them fresh all the time, they can be grown in organic soil using pesticides and you are always sure of what you get because they come from your own garden.
Guest blog: by Polly. Editor @ Pure Himalayan Shilajit
Warm Regards 🌿
Share this article with someone?
More news and tips
Discover The Many Benefits of Ashwagandha
Perhaps you've heard of the ashwagandha plant, but do you know about all of the great benefits that this colorful piece of nature has to offer?read more
The differences between Trust, Trust Mild and Trust Plus herbal drops.
Regularly I get the question what the difference is between the Trust, Trust Mild and Trust Plus herbal drops. Below a short explanation.read more
The Secret To Manifesting A Positive Self-Esteem & Attracting Healthy Relationships
In short, the Law of Attraction, a New Thought philosophy, says that "all thoughts turn into things eventually." And while many believe that attaining a healthy level of self-love and acceptance, attracting a wonderful and uplifting partner, and gaining material or non-material things is extremely difficult or near impossible, the Law of Attraction begs to differ.read more